Map of the United States of America, the British Provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela
- Map of the United States of America, the British Provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela
- Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893
- Atwood, John M., b. ca. 1818
- Barnard, William S., b. ca. 1809
- Name on Item:
map drawn by Geo. W. Colton ; engraved by John M. Atwood ; border desigd. & engd. by W.S. Barnard.
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
North America (area)
Central America (area)
New York :
Shows Canada only along United States border.
Relief shown by hachures.
Differs from other 1849 ed. by inclusion of table of distances at lower left and "gold region" in California.
Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
Includes ill., inset of Atlantic Ocean area, and table of distances at lower left.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 76 x 97 cm.
Scale [ca. 1:6,400,000]
- Call #:
G3300 1849 .C65
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).