A New map of the whole continent of America, divided into North and South and West Indies. : With a descriptive account of the European possessions as settled by the difinitive treaty of peace at Paris Feby. 10th 1763
- A New map of the whole continent of America, divided into North and South and West Indies. : With a descriptive account of the European possessions as settled by the difinitive treaty of peace at Paris Feby. 10th 1763
Subject: Map of the Western Hemisphere. Includes cartouche at bottom right with a native headpiece and quiver, a beaver and a crocodile or alligator, set in a landscape.
- Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon d', 1697-1782
- Robert Sayer and John Bennett (Firm)
- Name on Item:
Compiled from Mr. D'Anville's maps of that continent, and corrected in the several parts beloning to Great Britain, from the original materials of Governor Pownall, M.P.
- American Antiquarian Society
- Collection (local):
American Antiquarian Society Collection
North America (area)
Printed for Robt. Sayer and John Bennett, no. 53 Fleet Street, as the Acti directs
- Notes (date):
15th Feby. 1777
Prime meridian: Ferro.
Relief shown pictorially.
Inset: The supplement to North America containing the countries adjoining to Baffins & Hudsons bays.
"The continent and islands of America possessed by the European nations are as follows ... "
- 1 map on 4 sheets : engraving, hand colored ; 58 x 136 cm.
Scale [ca. 1:13,000,000]
- Catalog Record:
Public Domain/No known restrictions on use. Contact host institution to download image.
Contact host institution for more information.