A new and accurate map of the English empire in North America
- A new and accurate map of the English empire in North America : representing their rightful claim as confirmed by charters, and the formal surrender of their Indian friends; likewise the encroachments of the French, with the several forts they have unjustly erected therein
- Herbert, William, 1718-1795
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794
- Society of Anti-Gallicans
- Name on Item:
by a Society of Anti-Gallicans.
- Richard H. Brown Revolutionary War Map Collection
- Collection (local):
Richard H. Brown Revolutionary War Map Collection
North America--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps--Early works to 1800
Canada--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps--Early works to 1800
Québec (Québec)--Maps--Early works to 1800
North America (area)
Wm. Herbert ... & Robt. Sayer
Relief shown pictorially.
Prime meridians: Ferro and London.
Maps in margin: Plan of the harbour and town of Louisbourg on the isle of Cape Briton -- Plan of Chebucto Harbor -- [Western hemisphere] -- Fort Frederick built by the French at Crown or Scalp Point in the year 1731 -- Plan of Port Dauphin on the isle of Cape Briton -- Plan of the harbour of Annopolis Royal -- Plan of the town of Quebeck.
First state, outlining British claims across North America.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 40 x 50 cm., on sheet 46 x 85 cm.
Scale [ca. 1:7,200,000]
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).