A PLAN of the ISLAND of ANTICOSTI in the Gulph of S.T Lawrence Surveyed under the Directions of Samuel Holland Esq.r His Majesty's Surveyor General of Lands for the Northern District of North America
- A PLAN of the ISLAND of ANTICOSTI in the Gulph of S.T Lawrence Surveyed under the Directions of Samuel Holland Esq.r His Majesty's Surveyor General of Lands for the Northern District of North America
- Wright, Thomas, surveyor general
- Associated name:
- Holland, Samuel, 1728-1801
- Former owner:
- Amherst, Jeffery Amherst, Baron, 1717-1797
- Former owner:
- Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies
- Name on Item:
By Mr Thomas Wright Deputy Surveyor.
- British Library
- Collection (local):
British Library Collection
Anticosti Island (Québec)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
CanadaQuebec (province)Anticosti Island (island)
By Mr Thomas Wright Deputy Surveyor,
- Notes (date):
Date from Hornsby.
Compare also Maps K.Top.119.50. showing Passamaquoddy Bay, also surveyed by Thomas Wright, and annotated "Survey'd in the year 1772".
Relief shown by shading.
Shows sounding depths.
Geographical detail is limited to the coastline and rivers - no internal geography is shown.
Shows title in s simple surround at upper right including "A Scale of Five Statute Leagues".
Shows two decorative compass roses orienting north and magnetic north on the map.
Copy at Add Ms 57,704.1. Bound in R.U.S.I. Vol LXIX. Comprises 2 sheets joined and laid on linen. Shows red stamp of R.U.S.I. in title at upper right. Shows manuscript addition of "1" in pencil at upper right. Shows manuscript addition of "C 33" in pencil to verso. Green circular label to verso shows "1". White label to verso showing "DRAWER 27 SECTION 6". Blue label to verso shows "A 27/35", which is also repeated in pencil in a manuscript annotation.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : joined, laid on linen, manuscript pen and ink with watercolour ; 71 x 104 cm
Scale approximately 1:195,000
- Catalog Record:
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).