Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44
- Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44
- Frémont, John Charles, 1813-1890
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863
- Edward Weber & Co
- United States. Congress. . Senate.
- United States. Bureau of Topographical Engineers.
- Name on Item:
by Brevet Capt. J.C. Frémont of the Corps of Topographical Engineers under the orders of Col. J.J. Abert, Chief of the Topographical Bureau ; lith. by E. Weber Co., Baltimore, Md.
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
West (U.S.)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Western United States (area)
Washington, D.C :
Relief shown by hachures.
State 3: Includes notes, Great Basin statement, and place name South Park below Bayou Salade; some place names differ from other states.
"Published in Report of the exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon and north California in the years 1843-44. By Brevet Captain J. C. Fremont ... Printed by order of the Senate of the United States. Washington ... 1845 (28th Cong., 2nd Sess., Sen. Ex. Doc. 174, Serial 461)."
Includes "Profile of the route from the mouth of the Kansas to the Pacific by Capt. J.C. Fremont in 1843."
- 1 map : hand col. ; 76 x 130 cm.
- Call #:
G4051.S12 1844 .F74
No known copyright restrictions.
No known restrictions on use.