Mitchell's national map of the American Republic or United States of North America : together with maps of the vicinities of thirty-two of the principal cities and towns in the Union
- Mitchell's national map of the American Republic or United States of North America : together with maps of the vicinities of thirty-two of the principal cities and towns in the Union
- Title (alt.):
Mitchell's national map of the United States
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868
- Brightly, Joseph H., b. ca. 1818
- Name on Item:
drawn by J.H. Young ; engraved by J.H. Brightly
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
S. Augustus Mitchell
Shows the United States east of Texas.
Relief shown by hachures.
Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
Insets: Map of the north-eastern boundary of the United States -- Map of the southern part of Florida.
Includes 2 population tables.
Accompanied by sheet of 32 city vicinity maps with population and resource tables.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 62 x 84 cm., folded in cover 19 x 12 cm. + 1 sheet (col. ; 66 x 89 cm.)
Scale [ca. 1:3,375,000]
- Call #:
G3700 1843 .Y68
No known copyright restrictions.
No known restrictions on use.