A Map of New England & ye country adjacent, : extending northward to Quebec, & westward to Niagara, on Lake Ontario; shewing Gen. Shirley and Gen. Johnson's routs, & many places omitted in other maps
- A Map of New England & ye country adjacent, : extending northward to Quebec, & westward to Niagara, on Lake Ontario; shewing Gen. Shirley and Gen. Johnson's routs, & many places omitted in other maps
- Title (uniform):
General magazine of arts and sciences
Subject: Map of New England and New York state, with three inset plans of European forts.
- Farwell, John Whittemore, 1843-1929
- Owen, W. (William), -1793
- Name on Item:
communicated by a gentleman who resided in these parts.
- American Antiquarian Society
- Collection (local):
American Antiquarian Society Collection
New York (State)--Maps
Fort Oswego (Oswego, N.Y.)--Pictorial works
Fort Duquesne (Pa.)--Pictorial works
Fort Saint Frederic (Crown Point, N.Y.)--Pictorial works
New YorkOswego (county)Fort Oswego
New England (area)
Engrav'd for the General magazine of arts & sciences for W. Owen at Temple Bar
Prime meridian: London and Ferro.
Relief shown pictorially.
Inset: Oswego an English fort. House and garrison.
Inset: Fort Du Quesne by French deserters.
Inset: Fort Frederick at Crown Point built by the French in 1731.
- 1 map : engraving ; 20 x 18 cm., on sheet 25 x 21 cm.
Scale [ca. 1:5,700,000]
- Catalog Record:
Public Domain/No known restrictions on use. Contact host institution to download image.
Contact host institution for more information.