The Phoenix and the Rose engaged by the enemy's fire ships and galleys on the 16 Augst. 1776
- The Phoenix and the Rose engaged by the enemy's fire ships and galleys on the 16 Augst. 1776
- Serres, Dominic, 1719-1793
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824
- Name on Item:
engrav'd from the original picture by D. Serres from a sketch of Sir James Wallace's.
- George Washington's Mount Vernon
- Collection (local):
Richard H. Brown Revolutionary War Map Collection at Mount Vernon
Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800
New York (State)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800
- 1 view ; 28 x 50 cm, on sheet 63 x 85 cm.
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).
J.F.W. Des Barres
Not drawn to scale
Depicts a battle between the Americans and two British vessels, at the begining of the New York campaign.