Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela
- Map of the United States of America, the British provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela
- Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901
- Atwood, John M., b. ca. 1818
- Barnard, William S., b. ca. 1809
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893
- Name on Item:
map drawn by Geo. W. Colton ; engraved by John M. Atwood ; border desig'd. & eng'd. by W.S. Barnard.
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
North America (area)
New York :
Published by J.H. Colton
Relief shown by hachures.
Covers also parts of South America and Canada.
Shows cities and towns, Indian tribal areas, railroads, canals, drainage, etc.
Prime meridians: Washington, D.C. and Greenwich.
Inset: A map of the Atlantic Ocean showing the American & European ports and the routes of the ocean steamers.
Includes tables of distances.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1848 by J.H. Colton in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New York."
Map surrounded by a decorative border of grapevines, historical vignettes, and U.S. buildings and monuments.
- 1 map : col. ; 77 x 97 cm.
Scale [ca. 1:6,500,000].
- Call #:
G3300 1850 .C55x
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).