Battles of Mexico : survey of the line of operations of the U.S. Army, under command of Major General Winfield Scott, on the 19th & 20th August & on the 8th, 12th & 13th September, 1847
- Battles of Mexico : survey of the line of operations of the U.S. Army, under command of Major General Winfield Scott, on the 19th & 20th August & on the 8th, 12th & 13th September, 1847
- McClellan, George Brinton, 1826-1885
- Turnbull, Wm. (William), 1800-1857
- Hardcastle, E. L. F. (Edmund Lafayette), 1824-1899
- Graham, C. B. (Curtis B.)
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Name on Item:
made by Maj. Turnbull, Capt. McClellan & Lieut. Hardcastle, Topl. Engs. ; drawn by Capt. McClellan.
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
Mexican War, 1846-1848--Campaigns--Maps
Mexico City (Mexico)--History--American occupation, 1847-1848--Maps
Mexico, Valley of (Mexico)--Maps
Churubusco (Distrito Federal, Mexico)--Maps
MexicoDistrito Federal (territory)Churubusco
MexicoDistrito Federal (territory)Mexico City
MexicoMéxicoMéxico, Valle de (area)
Washington, D.C. :
Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
Shows positions and routes of troops by brigade, division, battalions, and batteries; location of fortifications, buildings, roads, streets, ranches, and terrain for Mexico City and the vicinity to the south and east.
Includes key to symbols and casualty statistics for the battles of Contreras, Churubusco, Molino del Rey, and Chapultepec.
In lower left corner: "Bureau Corps T. Engineers. 3rd March 1848. Examined & approved, J.J. Abert, Col. Corps T.E."
"Entered according to the act of Congress, in the year 1848, by Curtis B. Graham, in the Clerk's Office of the District of Columbia."
Inset: Part of the Valley of Mexico.
Routes and fortifications colored.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 60 x 85 cm
Scale approximately 1:31,800
- Call #:
G4414.M6S44 1848 .M33
No known copyright restrictions.
No known restrictions on use.