A correct map of the seat of war in Mexico
- A correct map of the seat of war in Mexico : being a copy of Genl. Arista's map, taken at Resaca de la Palma, with additions and corrections ; embellished with diagrams of the battles of 8th and 9th May, and capture of Monterey, with a memorandum of forces engaged, results, &c. and plan of Vera Cruz and castle of San Juan de Ulua
- Bruff, Joseph Goldsborough, 1804-1889
- Arista, Mariano, 1802-1855
- Probst, John, approximately 1805-
- Disturnell, John, 1801-1877
- Jones & Newman
- Name on Item:
designed by J.G. Bruff, Washington, D.C. ; on stone by J. Probst.
Boston Public Library
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center
- Collection (local):
Norman B. Leventhal Map Center Collection
Monterrey, Battle of, Monterrey, Mexico, 1846--Maps
Mexican War, 1846-1848--Campaigns--Mexico--Maps
Veracruz (Veracruz-Llave, Mexico)--Maps
Tampico (Tamaulipas, Mexico)--Maps
New York ||[New York] :
J. Disturnell,||E. Jones & G.W. Newman.
Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
Shows portion of Mexico involved in the Battle of Monterrey with historical notes; cities, roads, rivers, and troop movement.
Includes 2 illustrations: American eagle at head of "Table of Distances," and cavalryman with United States flag; text: "Memorandum of the Battles of 8th & 9th May;" legend: "Explanation" of symbols used; and table of "Heights of Towns & Mountains."
"Entered according to Act of Congress, in the Year 1847, by J.G. Bruff, in the Clerk's Office of the Distt. Court of the Southern Distt. of New York."
Insets: Plan of Monterey -- Map showing the battle grounds of the 8th and 9th May 1846 -- Tampico and its environs -- Chart of the Bay of Vera Cruz.
- 1 map ; 61 x 48 cm
Scale approximately 1:2,200,000
- Call #:
G4411.S44 1846 .B78
No known copyright restrictions.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License (CC BY-NC-SA).